Thursday, November 25, 2010

Next stop...10 years from now



Day 02 – Where you’d like to be in 10 years.

This is the 30 day blog challenge and I am still going strong. Where would I like to be in 10 years?

Well I am 23 at the moment so when I am 33 here is what I hope to happen:

-Graduated from Seminary
-Doing a job that I like: full time work at a church
-Married
-1-2 kids
-I would love to still be in Vancouver, but things can change
-Own a house with acceptable mortgage
-have a dog (optional) and a lizard

I guess I can see myself being in a more stable lifestyle in 10 years: not moving around and stay at one place. I would like to see myself grow both emotionally and spiritually. Not physically because research shows that your body starts to decay after 20- all down hill from there! I want to know God more, know what it means to love him. To be more like Christ, the perfect example to be a son of God. I hope I don't become a bitter person and continue to take risks for God.

Relationships with people matter to me so I would love to meet more people along the way and develop meaningful friendships. I also notice that I like many things but I am not passionate about any. I like guitar, but I am not playing it like 24/7. There are many things I enjoy but I am not CRAZY about. Similar to the work I am involved with at Church. I like working as an intern, preaching, working along side people, teaching, and encouraging. However, I don't really know what I LOVE and what I am gifted at. I am hoping that through time, I will be realistic and critical about who I am and what I am going to invest my time in.

Similarly, on another note, 10 years later I would love to see my friends still persevering in the faith and find their passions so they may enjoy the challenges and the joys at different stages of life.

That's it for day 2

2 comments:

  1. sooo a dog is optional but a lizard is not?? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly what i thought too

    ReplyDelete