Thursday, September 13, 2012

Psalms 7

Psalms 7:17 I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High. Very rarely do I consider the righteousness of God and let alone thanking him for it. The Psalmist says in chap 5v4 "For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you." It is truly refreshing to acknowledge and affirm that the God whom I worship is righteous. This characteristic of God is taken first of all for granted and secondly taken begrudgingly. The assumption that God is righteous has tremendous impact of my life. This is the God who calls, leads, and guides my every step. If he is not righteous, my spiritual life and personal life would be in jeopardy. However, I am lead by a God who loves and cherishes justice and holiness. For that, I give thanks and I praise. I have also taken God's righteousness reluctantly. It is knowing that fact that God is righteous and I am not that cause the frustration and despair. I have to accept my shortcoming, wickedness, fallen-less, and inhumaness. I wallow and rebel so that I never get past myself onto what is important: BUT God is righteous. Today, I want to take the posture of worship. Knowing that God is righteous means that I am also in light of Jesus and his substitutionary atonement. Let this be my motivation to pursue God and forsake sin today. v10-11 "My shield is with God who saves the upright in heart. God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day." Thank you for bearing me up till now, today; thank you for bearing with all of us, the world, and our rejection of you.