Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I can't get no satisfaction~

Day 08 – A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.


I am tempted to say every time that I go to Memphis Blues with the guys. Umm.. tons and tons of MEAT. The whole point of the blog is try to be deep and reflective, so I better give a better answer to that.

There were definitely a couple moments where I felt satisfied, not lacking a sense of direction of purpose. However, the one that resonated with me the most is my second trip to East Asia. I was on a university campus talking to student about spirituality and introducing them to the most important relationship in the World: Relationship with Jesus Christ. I met a student there, codename: sentinel, who was interested to know more about God and develop a genuine relationship with God. He went to a catholic church and was asking me a lot of questions. We met one night at the courtyard and that was when I got to explain to him what it means to have assurance of Salvation. It was an engaging conversation and we had a great time talking. I did not find out towards the end of the night that he has an exam the next morning. This was just such an odd sight because as Asians, you would never choose to take away time from studying by talking about spirituality. I was very encouraged and grateful that he took the time.

I still remember that night as I was walking back to the dorm by myself. I remember the joy that I felt that night. I thought to myself, it makes no sense for anyone to take away 2 month of his life to do ministry in Asia. People must think I am an idiot by not working for the 2 months. Yet, that at that moment, I didn't care, nothing seemed to matter. I realized I was partnering with the creator of the universe and He graciously invited me to share the greatest news to others. It is one of the very few moments in my life where i felt "this is what life is about! this is why I am here on Earth!" We definitely don't follow God on the basis of feeling good about ourselves, but that doesn't mean that we don't receive joy from God as we obey him and follow his call for us. That night, I was satisfied to the fullest.

The other time I can think of on the top of my head is probably when mel told me that she would be my girlfriend. But THAT is a tale for another day....

1 comment:

  1. "This was just such an odd sight because as Asians, you would never choose to take away time from studying by talking about spirituality."
    That is SO not true!
    ...

    But at the same time, it is so true lol.

    ReplyDelete